Albury Wodonga Table Tennis Association.

Table Tennis clubs have been in the area since the 1930’s, with a club at Bonegilla formed by the WW11 Refugees. In later years both Wodonga and Albury had separate clubs in each town.

In 1969 the Wodonga and Albury clubs combined to form ABTT – Albury Border Table Tennis. The club had humble beginnings with members making the tables and playing in various locations at the Albury showgrounds.

Later the name was altered to our current name “Albury Wodonga Table Tennis Association”. During this period we moved to the Albury Basketball complex, where each time we finished for the night the tables had to be removed from the courts and stored away.

In the 1980’s the club moved to a rented complex in Townsend Street. This complex allowed the tables to be permanently set up and the club being available at anytime for table tennis. This allowed the Club to expand and to start having groups, including school groups, use the complex.

In 2003 and early 2004 members worked tirelessly to achieve our dream of having our own dedicated table tennis complex, and we started with 8 courts. Our player numbers increased due to the move and also the formation of our Keenagers Group (for over 50’s). Within a few years we decided that we needed to expand, and in 2018 the club expanded our complex to 14 courts.

The club thanks all those involved throughout our journey. Some have become Life Members of the Club; click on the names below to see how they have contributed to the Albury Wodonga Table Tennis Association.

Life Members (Click on their name to open up file)

Also placed on our wall
Steve Dainton – Ex AWTTA player, currently CEO ITTF.

Honour Boards (Click on each board to open up)

We also have honour boards at our Club to recognise some of our committee and the Club Champions in each division. Click on the links below to view these boards.